Best Canister Vacuum for Pet Hair 2019
Table of Contents
Owning pets can be a joy. They bring with them cuddles, funny moments… and the dreaded pet hair. Pet hair can get anywhere: the carpet, the couch, and even on your clothes!
Good thing there are canister vacuums to solve that kind of problem. But the next dilemma is knowing and choosing which one to buy. With all the different brands in supermarkets, getting a vacuum of your own can be confusing.
No worries! This pet hair vacuum buying guide helps you choose the best canister vacuum for pet hair, and help you understand the factors that need to be considered before pulling out that wallet. Read on!
Our Top 5 List
1. Bissell Zing Rewind Bagless Canister Vacuum
This the best canister vacuum for pet hair if you live in a house with hardwood floors. The Bissell Zing Rewind Bagless Canister Vacuum has powerful cyclonic suction without the hassle of having a bag to change. It can also clean low carpets with the flip of a switch, making it pretty versatile.
Its power cord has a length of 15 feet, and it has washable and reusable filters. The way it cleans up dust and hair is through a Three-Stage Filtration system, which means the dirt and hair goes through three different levels of filtering to make the dust finer and easier to dispose of.
The Bissell Zing Rewind Bagless Canister Vacuum comes with a nifty Combination Crevice Tool and Dusting Brush.
It also has an automatic cord rewind function so your wires don’t get caught on itself or on furniture. Lastly, it has an Air Flow regulator.
For under a hundred dollars, this is a pretty solid buy. The Bissell Zing Rewind Bagless Canister Vacuum comes in two bright colors: Caribbean Blue, and Green.
- Suction power can compare to more expensive brands
- Emptying the canister is easy
- The three filters are durable and can withstand multiple washes
- Power button is the same size as the rewind button
- Combination Crevice Tool and Dusting Brush can be noisy
2. Kenmore 81614
The Kenmore 81614 Bagged Canister Vac with Pet PowerMate in Purple is a mean machine that assures a thorough clean. It’s got a powerful 2-Motor System with HEPA filtration, making it one of the best canister vacuum for pet hair.
Its two-floor nozzles and convenient Pop-n-Go bare floor brush system makes it easy to use on hardwood and tiled floors.
The Kenmore also has a pet hair brush which I think is super useful and two more additional cleaning tools with onboard storage.
Plus, the Telescoping Wand makes for easy and efficient cleaning for those nooks and crannies in stairs.
But what I love most about this is its detachable handle, which helps with more thorough cleaning around furniture and tight spaces. This canister vacuum has a cord of 28 feet.
It’s a bit expensive, but you get more bang for your buck with this canister vacuum!
- Handle is detachable for enhanced user mobility
- Comes with a telescoping wand for cleaning stairs
- Cord rewind feature is available
- Motorized brush tool is not easy to steer or maneuver
- Heavy and bulky because of the onboard storage system
- One of the more expensive brands
The motor runs at a whopping 1400 watts, making every pass as deep-cleaning as possible. Its HEPA filtration system removes 99.97%of airborne particles, so you can bid those pesky stray hairs and dust adieu.
This vacuum also comes with a lot of attachments, which I appreciate. It comes with a floor brush for hard floors and carpets, a combination crevice nozzle and bristle brush for corners and curtains, an upholstery tool, a pet and sofa brush, and a bendable multi-angle brush. That’s quite a lot for one product, but every one of them helps.
It also has a telescopic wand to help you reach those far-off places without having to stretch too much. I loved the wand because I’m a little on the shorter side, so it helped me out!
At under $100, the Ovente Bagless Canister Cyclonic Vacuum is a convenient piece of household machinery that I won’t mind giving another try. It comes in four colors: Black, Red, Green, and Orange.
- The attachment for vacuuming the floor is flimsy
- The suction control feature is eco-friendl
- Maintenance does not cost anything
- Does not work as well on wall-to-wall carpeting
- The large wheels make it clunky
- It can be difficult to open, clean, and close the canister
4. Eureka 3670G
Weighing in at less than 9 lbs. the Eureka Mighty Mite Corded Canister Vacuum Cleaner is easy to lift and carry around the house. You can easily bring it outside and use the blower port which blows away dirt from garages and outdoor spaces, too!
The Power-Touch handle has easy to use finger controls, so you won’t have to fiddle with any extra knobs or buttons to start the other features.
It also has an auto shut-off feature that prevents it from overheating, making it safe as can be.
This canister vacuum also comes with a myriad of other accessories to add to its efficiency! If you need to clean up hard-to-reach areas, you can use the Extension Wand, which I found totally useful. The cord reaches up to 20 feet, so you won’t have to worry about tugging it lose.
The extra onboard tools are the dusting brush, crevice tool, and the upholstery nozzle. You also get the deluxe floor brush and the bare-floor nozzle, for spaces that aren’t covered in carpet. It’s one of the best canister vacuums for pet hair that’s priced at under $100 dollars. It comes in Blue, Yellow, and Purple.
- A variety of attachments and tools for efficient cleaning
- Dust bag is easy to empty and remove
- Powerful suction capability
- One of the lightest canister vacuums out there
- The floor attachment is quite loose
- Some parts feel easily breakable
5. Prolux Tritan Hard Floor Vacuum
If you’re all about safety, this will be the canister vacuum for you.
The Prolux Tritan Canister Vacuum Cleaner has, along with a powerful motor, a motor bypass valve that opens up once the bag or hose gets clogged. It’s a great way to avoid accidents involving vacuum cleaners, which is something that I appreciate.
Its onboard tools consist of a crevice tool, a duster and upholstery tool, and the Combi Floor tool.
The Combi Floor tool is used to clean carpets and rugs with one push of a button. Pretty neat, in my opinion! The power nozzle is also air-driven, so you can be sure there’s no hair or dust left over.
Its sealed HEPA filtration system is great for allergies and keeping the air in your home fresh. Because of this system, the air that exits the vacuum bag is fresh and microbe-free.
The retractable cord is 23 feet long, the hose 6 feet, and the extendable wand that comes with it is 36 inches, giving you a reach of 32 feet! That’s an impressive cleaning radius. And for a price under $200? The Prolux Tritan Canister Vacuum Cleaner is one impressive vacuum cleaner. It comes in two colors: Tritan White, and Tritan Blue.
- Comes with 6 special filtered bags
- Cleaning radius is longer than most brands
- Adjustable power settings are available
- Not easy on rugs
- Sucker attachment is loose and has the tendency to fall of
Of all the canister vacuums I’ve come across on this list, my best bet would have to be the Bissell Zing Rewind Bagless Canister Vacuum. I own a long-haired cat that loves to climb around, so the Extension Wand really saved my sinuses and helped me clean the higher areas of my home.
It’s also portable, so I can pack it up and store it wherever it fits! It’s honestly less of a pain when things are lighter and easier to move around, so it was the clear winner for me.
- Dirt cup capacity 2 liters; Cyclonic action and powerful suction provide thorough cleaning; Plus, no more bags to buy or change ever
- Easily go from cleaning carpets to hard floors with the flip of a switch. Power Rating : 9 amps
- DIRT cup filters and Post Motor filter help capture more Fine dust and particles. Filters are washable and reusable
- 15 feet of cord for great cleaning reach and retracts with the touch of a button for easy storage
- Weighs less than eight pounds. Easy to maneuver with the integrated carrying handle
Choosing the Best Canister Vacuum for Pet Hair
A canister vacuum can be operated by either two options: direct power source and batteries.
If you need power that’ll last for longer periods of cleaning, I recommend a corded vacuum cleaner, which the majority of canister vacuums are. They won’t stop unless the wires are still plugged into the power supply. However, they can be heavy, and a little difficult to move around, and their reach can be limited.
All canister vacuums nowadays come with special attachments that offer more than just sucking up dirt and hair.
Some come with special nozzles that clean carpets and some have extending handles to reach those nooks and crannies that house cobwebs and dust. Whichever it is, these extras are the ones that add an edge to a run of the mill canister vacuum.
Last update on 2019-12-13 at 05:10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API